Below: Old St Paul’s church today [click for a larger image]
Below: Old St Paul’s in 1866, with the later additions to the church marked.
As is clear from this plan, the church has been added to and expanded a number of times. Note, for example, the movement of the small octagonal vestry at the top right of the building, and the chancel next to it. [Click for larger image]
Below: a section of the church drawn in the 1960s [Click for larger image]
The two first plans are by architect Bill Alington. The section is by architecture firm Carnachan Kay Lenihan. Ref: Plans-81-0614. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington.